Monday, February 9, 2009

National Pie Day!

January 23rd is National Pie Day. I have been celebrating this day for seven years. It all started with my roommate Marianna. We decided that everyone would make a pie and we would invite all of our friends to celebrate. Well many parties and several years later I am still celebrating this day. This year we decided we would go to Village Inn.
Jen and I showing off our Apple and Lemon pies.

Janiels yummy brownie pie :)

Shannon and her coconut cream.

Thanks guys for celebrating National Pie Day!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

My kids have always celebrated pie
( pi 3.14 ) day on March 14th. Who changed it to January 23? Must have been somebody that wasn't a mathematician.
Whoops! Now I read your blog more carefully and see that it was you!

Your pies are gorgeous and look so yummy! You can have pie day any day you want.

Lisa said...

This is a different kind of pie day. It isn't celebrating the Math pi, it is eating and baking pies. You can google it and see for yourself, just google the correct kind of pie :)

Shannon said...

oh no it's only 9:30am and now I am hungry! yummy...

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

YUM!! I Love pie So i am for sure going to celebrate that one next year!! Maybe THIS year, just a month late?? =)