Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

Man where did July go. From the 4th of July celebrations, to a family vacation, to my cousin's wedding, to our week long work convention, to the Tim McGraw and Lady A concert, and moving, it was a busy month and I will eventually blog all about. Hopefully!


But on to the 4th of July BBQ.


This year we celebrated Independence Day in Midway with my family. We had a great time with tons of food and lots of fun and fireworks. Steff and I went up early to hang out with our cousins. We played a mean game of horseshoes and Preston and I won. There may or may not have been much competition. Just kidding Steff your team was great. But Preston and I were pretty excited. It was so much fun.


Steff, Errol, Melissa and Ryan

Me, my dad and mom, aunt Lori and Em.



Horseshoe winners :) Way to go Preston.


Errol cooking up some mean burgers


And it’s not a BBQ without smores. I bought the huge campfire marshmallows and wow, they were huge, It was fabulous. Our smores are to die for because we pretty much have gourmet smores. Errol has a special way of warming the chocolate and roasting the smores. Plus we like to try all different candy bars like rolos, Milky ways, and peanut butter cups. Good thing Errol was able to get leave and join us for the BBQ, I’m not sure we have the technique down. Steff also brought Nutella to spread on the graham crackers and let me tell you. Amazing! You’ve got to try it. We always have a great time with the family. Thanks for the BBQ.


Our gourmet smores



Me, Melissa and Errol



Sisters


Steff, Sara and me



I’m so grateful for the men and woman who have fought for our country and who continue to fight for our country. It was really cool to listen to the stories Errol shared with us. It’s a great group of people who are willing to fight for our country. Let Freedom Ring.



More Pic from the BBQ



Mom and Dad



Playing with my color accent feature on my camera.


Emily and Mom

3 comments:

PDXTingeys said...

Looks like a fun BBQ. The gourmet s'mores sound delicious, I need to try them. Cute pictures too.

Steffy said...

oh baby I am ready for another campfire. I think it's time to invite ourselves up again.

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

Cute pictures! I love checking in on your and your awesome family, you are always doing something exciting!!