Monday, February 11, 2008

Playing Hookie...

Well not really. It felt like I was playing hookie. Everyone else was at work and Jen and I had the day off. I am going out of town this weekend for work and had to take today off. Jen and I decided to go play. We went to the District and watched Fool's Gold with Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson. I was hoping for a little more but it wasn't too bad, lets just say it is not a movie I will be buying. Jen said it best "We just paid $5 to see Matthew McConaughey run around without his shirt and no shoes and we had no problem with that." He was pretty hot in it. At least the movie had that going for them.

After the movie we wanted to try this new hamburger place called Rustler Grill. Man what a great burger and the fries are to die for. I will be running a little longer on the treadmill tomorrow, but it was totally worth it.

I saw a really cute shirt on Old Navy.com and I went to see if they had it at the store and sure enough they did so I had to get it. Then we decided to go to Target. For some reason I thought I was on a Spring Shopping Spree or something because I bought a shirt there too. It is really cute. It must be the nice weather we are having that is getting me excited for spring. It was sunny and 48 degrees today. If that doesn't get you excited for spring, I don't know what will.

Since Valentine's Day is in a couple of days Jen and I made sugar cookies and frosted them tonight. I love Valentine's Day and it is always a good excuse to make sugar cookies.


I guess all things must come to an end and tomorrow I will be back to work getting things ready for this weekend. I hope you all had a great day at work :)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I call that the "day club"...which is basically time off in the normal work day. Or sometimes if a friend is unemployed and then I can join them for the day. Or when I used to do hair I would have lots of days in the Day Club. It's good times! :) Next week I'll have my Day Club day from Oakland--too bad we can't ever have those on the same day!

Jenna said...

Have I mentioned that I love your hair? I'm totally partial now to shades of brunette, for obvious reasons.