Saturday morning I was up nice and early to shop with the Jazz Bear. This is my third time doing this and I look forward to it each year. The Jazz bear helps provide Christmas to kids in the area. It is always fun to watch the kids come into the high school gym. You can tell these kids don't have a lot of money and are excited to go shopping for gifts for them and there families. Steff and I usually help at the cash registers. We get to see what the kids picked with the money they were given. It brings tears to my eyes when I see them buying things for each of there brothers, sisters and parents. They are so excited for Christmas to come and can't wait for their family to open there presents. This year they had some back up dancers from High School Musical and the kids went crazy. Thanks Steff for letting me be a part of something so awesome. It truly gets me in the Christmas spirit.
Later that night we went to Johnny Carinos for dinner and then to the Festival of Trees. I always enjoy going to the Festival of Trees. I love to see all the trees and of course you have to stop at the fudge shop and get a scone. (Hey it only comes around once a year to have to take it all in)
This year there was a Twilight Tree.
My other favorite tree was this one made of golf clubs.

I thought this tree was really cute and creative. It was called Shot Full of Love It was made from shot gun shells.


Me and Farah striking a pose.

Steff and Jen enjoying the Festival of Trees. Thanks for the good times everyone :)
7 comments:
How cool is that!? I got a little teary reading about those cute kids. How cool that they think of others. Oh, and I love the Twilight tree, of course!
That was a good time! I can't wait until next year :o)
Justice would have been so jealous that you got to see the Jazz Bear, he is a favorite around our house! That is what Justice asked Santa for last year!
I have never been to the festival of trees. What the heck is up with that? I guess when I move back someday I had better go. It looks awesome! I also got a little teary reading about the cute kids. What a neat thing to be involved in and who doesn't love the Jazz Bear!
I don't think I've ever been to the Festival of Trees, either! I would love to go but we are never in town at that time. Looks like fun!! I'm a little jealous! ;)
I miss going to the Festival of Trees, great family memories!
That is so cool that you were able to help out with that! What an awesome experience. I have never been to the festival of trees, but each year, we say we will go. Maybe next year:( It looks like a a lot of fun!
Post a Comment