Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving we went down to St. George to visit my grandparents. It was a smaller group this year, but we still had fun. Thursday morning we woke up early and went running and then started cooking. My dad, grandpa, Deb and Vern went shooting to try and win pies. They only lost by one shot so next year we are all going so we can team up and win the pies.

Steff peeling the apples for the famous apple salad. This was a salad my great grandma made every year for Thanksgiving and my grandma has carried on the tradition each year, plus we always request it so she pretty much doesn't have a choice.

Here I am mashing the potatoes.



Grandpa cooking the turkey.


Once we were done with lunch we went to the movie Australia. It was such a good show and seriously Hugh Jackman dang he was hot. After the show we finally had pie. We had so many good pies to choose from. Steff made her french silk pie, plus we had pumpkin, lemon, and coconut cream. Oh they were good. After we stuffed ourselves once again we played a few games and figured out our shopping strategy for the morning. Then we remember the outlets were opening at 11:00 pm and thought well why not. So we made our way to the outlets.



The outlets were crazy. Everyone was in line for a bag of coupons and free stuff. We saw the line and decided to forget the bag and hit the stores. As you can see we all found things to buy. Once we got home we set our alarms and went to bed. We all got up early and made our way to Target. If Debs energy wasn't so contagious I probably would have said forget and went back to bed. Target was crazy. Once we got inside the line was already wrapping around the store. Deb found some things for her grandkids so she took my stuff and we went to the next store on our list. We went to Tai Pan, Best Buy, Old Navy, and a cute home decor store called Krumphets. By that time we were running into people who had showered and just started shopping so we decided to go home and get breakfast.

After shopping we went shooting at the Oasis Gun Club in Mesquite. Mom and Emily wanted to take a nap and hit a few more stores so they stayed home.

Steff looking ready to go.



Ear plugs in and i'm ready

Deb and I on the back of the six person golf cart.



Grandma, Grandpa and Vern chilli in the cart.

I think we were the gun clubs entertainment when we were trying to get the golf cart started. We were the first group to use the cart that morning so it was having a hard time starting and it would stall everytime we hit the gas. My grandpa was driving and I seriously thought he was going to run into something or someone. Everyone was laughing. Thanks goodness Vern took the wheel.

Steff getting some instruction from our dad.




Steff, Dad, Vern and Deb getting ready to shoot.


Here's the group after we finished all 10 rounds. My favorite is when Deb would start talking the shooting lingo. "What are we using here 12 gauge or 20 gauge." We would all start laughing. She was pretty good with the gun, way to go Deb.

It was such fun weekend, I can't wait for next year.

6 comments:

Kara said...

Sounds like you had a really great weekend! It's fun to see pictures of you all!

Jen said...

How fun does that look!? Sounds like a great Thanksgiving!

Brad and Jana said...

That looked like you guys had a great time! I wanna go shooting there, what a fun place. Don't you love the day after shopping! It is crazy.

Corey and Jodie said...

You guys always do fun things! I'm jealous! You look so official! I wish I could go shooting with the Pope clan!

Unknown said...

I love the shooting-even though I think I only hit one flying thinger in the 2 times I've gone. I also feel that Steff's shirt was quite appropriate :o)

Shannon said...

This post (the shooting range) reminds me that we live in Utah! haha I love it! Good job keeping your blog up to date. I should outsource mine to you. :)