A couple of weeks ago I went to Florida for work. We had our Leadership Conference in Orlando. I was so excited to leave my winter coat behind and head to 80 degree weather. We flew out on Monday and had a free night. We decided to eat at a Mexican restaurant called Adobe Gilas.

Tuesday morning we started setting up and Wednesday morning the show started with Bag Pick Up and Make & Takes. Thursday morning was General Session and classes.
Linda, Lori and I welcoming the attendees to General Session.

Shannon and I posing for a picture at lunch time.
This year general session was in a theater. The theater was a little small so we had a tote and coat check plus they didn't allow food or beverages. So our coat and tote check turned into a water bottle and coffee mug check.

Me, Cindy and Wadell, Good Times at the "bottle water check" seriously people just buy a new bottle.
Thursday night was Manager's Reception. This year it was at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. Cindy and I had the opportunity to help with this event. It was so much fun.

Me and Spiderman.


While we were there we were able to go on a few of the rides. The first one we went on was Spiderman. It was a fun 3D ride. The next ride was the Incredible Hulk Coaster. It was a good thing there wasn't a line because I would have totally talked myself right out of it. It was quit the coaster. So many twists and turns, cork screws, ups and downs going 0 to 40 mph in 2 seconds. It was crazy. I am totally sporting the blown hair look after is ride. One of the guys on our corporate team went on it 15 times. I don't get it.
Friday was the last day of Leadership. We had classes in the morning and ended with another general session.


Celebrating a great Leadership. Me, Lori, Jaron, Cindy and Shannon. Now on to set up for the regional. We had about 1000 people registered for this regional which meant set would take while. After set up we decided we needed a shake from Johnny Rockets.



Once we got back to the Hotel the Backstage Lounge was calling our name. So Shannon Jaron and I found our way back to the dance floor. I figured it was so loud I wouldn't get any sleep anyway right? Good times on the dance floor. Over the two nights we danced there was some crazy people on the dance floor which kept us pretty entertained. I'm afraid though the last night we might have been the crazy people that everyone was laughing at :) Did I mention we left the dance club about 1:30 and still need to pack and had to be in the lobby to catch the shuttle to the airport at 4:30 am. Hence this next picture on the plane.

Good Times in Florida. I love working with all my co workers. I have never worked so hard but had so much fun at the same time. It's great to see all your had work pay off. Now on to my next event.
6 comments:
You crazy kids!
What a fun job... you get to go to some fun places!
I'm so jealous you got to go to Florida. Looks like a good time! Cute pictures!!
I love hearing about your travel adventures. Great pictures and sounds like you had a ton of fun!
AHHHHHH FLorida.... sounds good right now!! I have ridden the Spiderman ride and the Hulk coaster at Universal. SO FUN!!!
wow awesome post!!!! i didn't even realize you wrote about this already (oh wait--it was like 3 weeks ago). i'm doing my post right now but yours is better so i'm linking to you....
Post a Comment