Ah Italy. My trip to Italy was awesome. I loved every minute of it. This was my first time to Europe and I would love to go back.
We left Thursday November 5th and flew to Detroit and then flew to Paris. The first four and half hours of the flight were awful, good thing we had our own individual TVs to take our mind off the turbulence. We had an eight hour lay over in Paris. We hurried and went through customs and got our passports stamped. (one of my favorite things, cheesy I know) We bought a ticket for the metro and made our way to the Eiffel Tower. Wow, is all I can say! This was so cool to see. It really is amazing and huge. We also had to get a famous chocolate banana crepe to eat as we walked closer to to the Eiffel Tower.
Next stop was the Arc de Triomphe, then a diet coke that was 3 Euros YIKES and a walked down Avenue des Champs-Elysées
Shannon and Shiloh had been to Paris before and gave me a great tour, they also got me hooked on these awesome macaroons from Laduree. Thanks guys :) Good thing I bought enough to have these gems throughout my trip.
After our short adventure in Paris we went back to the airport to catch our flight to Rome. We finally arrived in Rome late Friday night and found our hotel, I couldn't wait to go to bed.
Saturday Morning we woke up bright and early and started our adventure in Rome. Our first stop was the Spanish Steps.

We couldn't figure out what was going on there, but we realized it was the anniversary of the Berlin Wall coming down. They had a concert the next night it was pretty cool to see.
We decided to hop on one of those tour buses to get a great view of the city. I love these buses. My favorite was when we turned the corner and saw the Colosseum. AHH it was so awesome. 




After our tour of the Colosseum, we went to Palatine Hill which overlooks the Roman Forum


Shannon, Amanda and Shiloh





I had to laugh when I saw this picture because Shannon and I may or may not have been distracted several times during our tour by the guy behind me, check out those arms. Too bad he was with his girlfriend.
Later that night we went to the Trevi Fountain. I loved this fountain. You could hear the water gushing before you even saw it. 

And of course we enjoyed some gelato. Loved it.
6 comments:
Oh. My. Goodness. What an amazing trip!! Wow. So glad you were able to see so much! And just a little jealous.... :)
That seriously looks like the trip of a lifetime!
Wow, I'm so jealous! That looks like an amazing trip. I can't wait to see more pictures!
Love seeing the pics. and I love the little gems you brought back for me. The stories you have are great.
Excellent first installment, Pope. I'm glad you pointed out our bf's arms. Now what was it...oh yes "drop and give me ten....but only with me on your back!" hahahaha if that's too dirty for your blog, you can delete my comment. It's just meant to be funny b/c it was.
I need to get on it and blog about this too....can't wait to hear what your other favorites were.
It's only taken me the last 2 days to get the "Pope"!
In fact the 1st time I looked at your post I looked for something with him in it.
I've got to "witty" up.
What a great trip you were able to take.
Post a Comment