Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Milwaukee

Here is my Milwaukee update. Sorry it took so long things have been crazy since I got back. We had a great time in Milwaukee. We had a quick layover in Cincinnati and barely had time to grab a quick snack and then catch our flight to Milwaukee. We took a taxi to our hotel. The taxi drivers don’t like it when you pay with a credit card so we got the lecture on how they get charge an extra 20% when we use credit cards. We tried to explain to the taxi driver that we were on business trip and didn’t have cash. This made the taxi ride not so enjoyable. He was driving like a mad man and I was sitting in the middle and kept sliding around in the back seat. Good thing I am close to my co workers. Plus he charged us extra to cover the 20%; which I think is a lie, 20% seems a little high but whatever I was not going to challenge it. Once we were all checked in we met in the lobby to find a place to eat. We went to the Rock Bottom Brewery. It was really good. Friday morning we met for breakfast and the topic of conversation was…. Did you feel the earthquake? There was an earthquake in Illinois that was felt in Milwaukee. It totally woke me up at 4:30 AM. I was swaying from side to side in my bed. I was a little confused since it was so early and thought was that an earthquake. It was totally crazy.

Set up for the show went really well. It was faster than I thought it would be. We were setting up for a thousand people. It was our first regional one day show. Once we were done with set up we went to the mall. It was such a ghetto mall. It had some fun stores but completely ghetto. Karah and I were in a store and heard a girl say something to her friend. Karah leans over to me and said I don’t think that girl is a girl. We quickly left the store. Good times. That night we went and ate at place called Moe’s Irish Pub. It was fun.




The hotel had an awesome fitness center. Each treadmill had your own individual TV screen. We watch Law and Order SVU and then House. It was great. My favorite thing was when Jaron got off his treadmill to get some water and then hopped back on he forgot this treadmill was still on and step on the belt and went flying. I laughed so hard I thought was going to die.

Another funny thing is the convention center has a police officer made out of wax. He seriously looks real so we had to take a picture. Jaron and I were getting a little freaked out standing so close. Karah had no problems putting her arm around him :)




Oh I forgot on the first night we were walking to the mall and saw the Girls Gone Wild bus so we had to take a picture. It is kind of hard to see but it's there.

Good Times in Milwaukee. Oh by the way we got the same lecture about credit cards from the taxi driver on the way back to the airport. I almost have the lecture memorized :)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Lisa-
Hey it is Jess (Grace) Young. I clicked on your link from Steff's blog. How fun! I'm excited to keep up on you. I would love to invite you to read my blog too. I'll get your e-mail from Steff okay! Talk to you later. Take care!

Brad and Jana said...

Hey Lisa! I am glad that you found my blog! It is fun to see what you are up too! Looks like you are enjoying life!

Jenna said...

The taxi driver lecture makes me laugh. Love the pictures!

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

Hey Lisa!
Wow how great is this blogging thing?? I am so glad you found me, I am so loving keeping in touch with all my good old neighbors, did you ever think about how lucky we really were growing up? They just don't make neighbors like you anymore!!! You have such an exciting life!! I am way excited for you and to hear all about it!!
Love,
Meg