Sunday, September 7, 2008

Site Visit to Florida

Last week I had the opportunity to go to Orlando for a site visit for work. A couple of days before we left my co-workers and I were talking and everyone decided to not check our bags and just have carry ons. I immediately panicked and thought hum I don't think that is going to happen for me. I wasn't even sure if I had a bag small enough to be a carry on. Everyone kept saying it is only three days. I kept saying hello it's Three Days!! I didn't want to be the only one who checked their bag and make everyone wait for me, so I decided to take on the challenge. I borrowed a bag from my parents and went to the store to buy travel size things.




Wow that's a tiny bag.


After packing the very basics and I mean the very basics. I hopped on the computer to check in for my flight and decided to read about the rules for a carry on. I clicked on the 311 rule. I have always read about this rule while waiting in line for security but never really paid any attention to it because I always check my bag. Well the 311 rule is you can only have liquids that fit in a 3 oz. bottle. I did know that. The first 1 is for one quart size Ziploc bag and the other 1 is for only one quart size bag per passenger. Hello have you tried to fit the basics in a quart size bag. It was a little difficult for me and I had to eliminate a few more things. But everything worked out great. I was actually quite proud of myself for fitting everything in this very tiny bag.

So the next morning I met my co-workers at the gate and asked a few of the guys if they only brought their back packs thinking wow people really know how to pack small. This was the answer I got from them. Oh no I checked my bag. I said you WHAT, You checked your bag? Blood was now flowing throw my body a little faster and said you are kidding me I could have checked my bag and even better brought a few more things. I was not a happy camper. Everyone laughed and said well it is a three day trip Pope. All I could do shake my head and say yeah a three day trip.

Florida was a lot of fun. It was hot and humid but we still had a great time. I always have a fun time with my co-workers. I can't wait to go back in January.

The only down fall for this trip was that we had a really early flight coming back. We had to be down in the lobby of the hotel at 5:30am. That is right I said 5:30 am and something I learned quite quickly when you travel with the events team if you show up in the lobby at 5:25 you are really late and everyone is waiting for you in the van. That only has to happen once before you learn, so I knew I need to be down there by 5:20 to make sure our transporation was there and waiting for us. It was an early morning when the alarm went off at 4:45 am.


This is Cindy and I looking totally awake and waiting for our flight. Good times in Florida. What happens in Florida stays in Florida right?

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I am sorry, but ONE bag? H to the No, my friend.

Jennifer Stafford Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

No way could I fit even one day's worth into a bag that little! You should be so proud!

Shannon said...

was that comment you deleted mine? i swear i left one! haha you really did amazing work there...i admire you but probably won't try to emulate you. at least not while i am still medallion!