Day three in Rome.
We went back to the Roman Forum to walk around, but on our way we got stopped by some "Roman Soldiers" one was completely in love with my friend
Shannon. It was hilarious, but I will let her tell that story.
We each got a picture with a Roman Soldier. Mine wanted me to kiss him and I wouldn't. He kept saying "come on just let me kiss you, or at least kiss me". I was not going to let that happen , I'm not sure where those lips have been ;) so he kissed me on the cheek. He made me pay five Euros for my kiss on the cheek and pictures. I couldn't believe it. What happen to a couple Euros. Later we ran into some really hot Roman Soldiers who called me Blondie, I should have saved my five Euros and taken a picture with them.




(One of my favorite pictures)

Just siting on some marble taking it all in.

It was fun to walk around the Roman Forum. I bought a book that shows the Forum now and what it looked like years and years ago. It was really cool to stand there and picture what it looked like. They funny thing is we where looking for Julius Caesar's temple and later found out we were siting on both sides of it and never knew, there's really not much left.
Next stop The Vatican Museum



Shannon walking through the Vatican museum, making our way to the Sistine Chapel.
The ceiling in the Sistine Chapel was painted by Michelangelo. It was awesome to see. It took him four years to paint. I can't imagine lying on your back to paint, how exhausting.

Mailing my post cards

This is the restroom I had to use outside St. Peters. Crazy, at least I didn't have to pay for a hole in the ground. Some places you have to pay.

Later we found our way back to Trevi Fountain. It's said if you toss a coin in the fountain you can wish your way back to Rome. I definitely made that wish, so I hope it comes true.
8 comments:
Fantastic pics, Pope! Yep, I'm glad we made that wish....and I've been making it every day since! :)
Shannon didn't tell me she got action on her trip!
Love the pictures and it's so fun to hear about your trip. Although, the public restrooms seem like quite a situation.
that bathroom pic scares me! I would make a mess of myself. Yes, that's right, a mess of myself. I'm impressed you were able to do it!
The bathroom was alittle tricky
hmmmmmmm, that's mysterious. Apparently MY postcard was LOST on the way from Rome????????
OK Pope, tomorrow is one month from this post....I know you've been busy so I'm trying to be patient. :)
Just like being in the movies.
You are having such awestruck experiences and you are such a pretty tourist!
Post a Comment