We left Florence and took a train to Venice.
This picture makes me laugh because of all the craziness that went on just moments before. Who knew getting on a train would be so crazy. Not us. So this is what happened. We boarded the train and start shoving our bags in the compartment above us. Well mine wouldn't fit. Surprise surprise, could have been the boots and purses who knows. So a very nice man who spoke English helped me wedge my bag between the seats. We were set and ready to relax. Well as we were shoving bags into place, some ladies were siting in our seats. They didn't speak any English and we tried to explain that these were our seats so we asked the man who spoke English if this train had assigned seats. Well wouldn't you know it sure does and we were in the wrong train car. So Shannon hops to the next car and tries to find our seats. Lucky for us we just had to move one train car up. It could have been a complete disaster. Shiloh watched our stuff and we went to grab our bags and found a luggage rack were everything fit so much better.
Our hotel room. It was so cool and we had an awesome view of the canal.
Enjoying a little breakfast before exploring Venice.
One of my favorite pics, this was taken just outside our hotel.
On our way to Murano to buy some blown glass. It was the off season so there wasn't very many places doing demonstrations but was cool to see how they do it.
Lunch, and yes those are french fries on my pizza. It was actually quite tasty.

The Grand Canal
Rialto Bridge
Us in Piazza St. Marco. This was a great people watching place. I loved it. But you had to watch out for those darn pigeons. They had no fear and didn't mind darting close to your head.
Some fun pics I took with my color swap feature on my camera.
When we were in Siena we talked to a couple who were just in Venice and they happened to be there on a high tide and a full moon and water was everywhere. I was hoping that would happen while we were there. It never did but they kept the walkway ups so Shannon and I made good use of them and walked the catwalk.
One last meal in Italy and one last scoop of Gelato. So sad.
And that is the end of my Italy trip. We left early the next morning and took an expensive water taxi to the airport. It was a long trip home but I had so much fun and will never forgot all the crazy things that happened.
3 comments:
Wow!! I love that lamp post picture! and ALL your pictures! That loooks like the best trip EVER! I am So glad you got to go, it looks totally amazing!
Yeah that one pic you got pink and blue to show up!!! I need a new camera! :)
What a great trip! I am jeal.ous :)
Post a Comment