Monday, April 26, 2010

California Part 2

Downtown LA. One of my favorite things about Cali is going downtown to buy cheap stuff.

Emily bought some beads to make jewelry. Steff and I bought some cheap necklaces.


The craziness of downtown.
Steff and I were starved so we bought some churro's and scarfed those down.

The Fam

Next stop something to eat.

Check out that long line. Good thing I had the churro to munch on earlier.

The line was so long we had to do something to entertain us, therefore the flip flop photo.


Almost to the counter to order our food.

Finally the famous french dip sandwiches, that place was totally crazy. Good thing the sandwiches were really good.

Philippe's is down the street from Union Station and since most of us had never been there, that was our next stop.

Steff and I just chillin'

Griffith Observatory

This place was so crowded. Apparently it was one of the nicest weekends they had in a long time so everyone was out and about. Parking was a mess. We had to park so far away and then walking up this huge hill. It was totally crazy! We were ready to bag the whole thing but the parents had never been and they scored a close parking spot and they were waiting for us. So we started the hike.

Steff, Em and Jamie



Mom and Dad

Aunt Jill and Uncle Jim

After looking at the awesome view we went inside to look at more cool stuff. Who knew my dad was such a science guy. I would read something and move on and come back fiftteen minutes later to see my dad at the same spot just watching and reading about the planets. It was really cool. I think I had just hit my max and was ready to go.

The girls- The sunset was gorgeous!

No comments: