So I just realized I never blogged about my
Spring Regional Season.
At the end of February we went to Syracuse, NY well we actually never made it. That's right first time ever we had to cancel a show. Syracuse was hit with a huge snow storm and we were stuck in Cincinnati. We landed in Cincinnati and went to our next gate and I noticed that it doesn't say Syracuse, NY on the gate info. A man heard me and said our flight was canceled. Wait What did you say? We immediately found a Delta Agent to find out when the next flight was. Nobody was going in or out of Syracuse. They were in a state of emergency and all of down town was being shut down. I called my boss to tell him the bad news and to find out what we do next. I called my co-worker Jason to tell him we are not going to make it. They were already in Syracuse and flew in the day before. We tried to locate our luggage that was a fun sexy time for us. Everyone kept telling us different thing which made emotions within the group go through the roof. We finally took a cab to a hotel to eat and figure out what to do next. We got in touch with the airline and they said we were on a flight to Syracuse Sunday morning (it was only Thursday). Oh that's wonderful the day after the show. Well that's not going to work.
One of other options was to drive to Syracuse. Yes, drive to Syracuse a 10+ hour drive in a snow storm. What the.... really? I got to be best buddies with the hotel front desk employees, using their computer to located transportation companies, buses and trains. Many of the companies would not drive us because it was too dangerous. Back at the office they were trying to figure out what to do. Do we cancel the two shows completely, can we get the staff there for a Saturday show? Finally it was decided that we would cancel the show. It was to dangerous to have us drive. We joked that we would be the next Lifetime movie. Five girls stuck in a snow drift who died on their way to a Regional in Syracuse. Seriously crazy.
We were so sad to cancel the show but there was no way we could get there. We called the airline and changed our tickets to leave the next morning. Sorry no pics- way to stressful to bust out the camera.
Calgary AB, Canada
So the very next week we were headed to Calgary for our next regional for the season. I was totally excited to go to Calgary plus I would get another stamp in my passport. Yahoo!! Well we were on our way, we landed in Calgary and filled out our forms and stood in a huge line to get through customs. It was my turn and I handed my papers to the officer. He asked me why I was coming to Canada. I told him. He asked where I was staying and how long I would be here. I answered all his questions and he stamped my passport and said " You will need to go to immigration. Whoa!! What immigration? I knew that was not normal. I've been to Canada a several times but I've never had to go to immigration. I noticed there were two other co workers hanging out in immigration as well. They we already talking to some other officers. I stood there and waited for an officer to call me up. I ended up going to one of the same officer as my co-worker which I thought "Oh this will be great, I won't have to explain everything again" Wrong, big time Wrong. I was there forever answering questions about why I was there, what I would be doing, why my company sent me, all while he thumbed through my passport staring me down and typing notes on the computer. There was talk about being deported and I thought of Sandra Bullock in the Proposal and I was getting a little nervous. The officer finally let me though. He was not friendly at all. My poor co-workers were just hanging out wondering if I was ever coming or not. It was a joke. All in all the show went well and we had a great time.
I was sure happy when I went through customs coming back to the US and the officer asked the usually questions and then said welcome home. Thank you, Hallelujah praise the lord, it's great to be back.
Carrie M (from the Calgary home office) Carrie and Donna enjoying dinner.
Shannon and I
We ate at an awesome Thai place. It was so good and we later found out that the Backstreet Boys have eaten there. Shannon and I were totally excited. We are still fan after all these years.
Us at the regional, taking a break and posing for a pic.
Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee was out last regional and what a great show.
Helping out with late registration.
Shannon, Hatton and I ready for the show to start again after a stamping time.
Darlene ready to tackle the chocolate cake and it was good.
Shannon, Carrie, Donna and I enjoying our dinner.
We had some stressful times and some really fun times as well. Can't wait for next season.
1 comment:
wow a couple of awesome posts here, pope! good times indeed...can't wait for this fall! :)
Post a Comment