Friday, December 31, 2010

Thanksgiving

I know we're ringing in the new year and saying goodbye to 2010 but I'm behind on my posts as usual. So let's go back a month and talk about Thanksgiving.


My family went down to St. George to celebrate Thanksgiving with my grandma and grandpa. We drove down Wednesday night, in between snow storms and traffic was crazy. You've got to love holiday traffic plus all the construction.



We woke up bright and early to go shooting to win pies for our Thanksgiving dinner. You needed to have a team of 5 and the one who had the highest score won the pie. Well we worked the system and made sure all of our family was a team. It was a girls team and the cute little man that was helping said "wow this is amazing I've always wanted to see an all girls team shoot." Well the pressure was on for sure.

Everyone getting their guns ready


Dad, Em, Steff and I ready to Rock!




Brrr... It was a chili out there.




Dad and Steff


Nice shot dad!


Jill was our winner she only missed one. The cute man was highly impressed with our SKILLS. Because Jill won she got to shoot with the boys. We need one girl to make it a full team. Jill was on fire. Her and my dad tied and played sudden death and Jill won again. She won TWO pies for us. The boys played again and Vern was the winner. We had a ton of fun and can't wait to shoot for pies next time.


After we won our pies we went home to cook our dinner. Once again we had an awesome Thanksgiving dinner.



Em and I enjoying our dinner. Oh it was good.
Later the night we planned out our early morning shopping route. We got up early and hit the town. We divided and conquered, then everybody liked what each other got so we went back to the same stores once again. I do believe we had three rounds of shopping before breakfast. It's always crazy on Black Friday.



Later that night my grandpa made omelets for dinner. This is a Christmas Eve tradition but since they live in St. George we don't get to see each other on Christmas Eve anymore; so we have made a new tradition and have them the day after Thanksgiving. And wow they were good. Gramps sure has the touch.





Em, enjoying her omelet.





Me and Steff



The next day we went back for some more shooting.




Steff and Grandpa


Thanksgiving was a so much fun. I can't wait for next year.

1 comment:

PDXTingeys said...

It looks like you guys had such a fun time. I wish we could have been there.