One might think that booking tickets to NYC wouldn’t be that hard. Well last night it was. Me, my cousin and two sisters are going to NYC in May. We decided we need to hurry and book our flight before the fare changes. Last night I logged on to Delta.com and started booking our flights. My sister Emily was nervous about booking her flight and possibility booking the wrong one. I told her I would book her flight, followed by a it’s not that hard Em I do it for work all the time. Little did I know I would soon eat those words. Back to last night. So we are taking the midnight flight on Thursday May 15. Both Jen and I verified the dates and times. I continued through the process and clicked to pay for my flight. I received a system error and had to do the process over again. I continued to receive system errors and decided to call Delta. The problem with calling Delta at 9:00 o’clock at night is that the calls are routed to another country and the person on the other line doesn’t really speak English. It is a little frustrating. So I asked if the website was down and if anyone else was having problems booking their flight. He kept asking for my confirmation number and I told him I didn’t have one yet I was trying to book a flight. He was highly confused and thought I wanted to cancel my flight to Tulsa this week for work. He finally realized what I was talking about and then I got disconnected. I was getting frustrated and told Jen to try and book her ticket. Jen realized she didn’t know her sky miles number and need to call Delta. I laughed and said good luck. Lucky for her the call was pretty easy she was able to understand what her sky miles number was. Jen gets on the website and books her flight with just a few problems. Now it is my turn again, I continued to try on the website and decided to book my ticket and my sister’s ticket separate. It was cheaper that way . I finally was able to purchase my ticket Yeah!! So on to purchasing Emily’s ticket. Everything is going smooth until I get the part where I can pick her seats. It wasn’t letting me pick the seat next to me. Why would anyone sit next to someone when the flight is not full? I continued and click purchase and got a system error. What the Hell. At this point I am getting really frustrated and wasn’t sure if my card had been charged. I decided to look at my itineraries. I only have one flight to NYC for May 16. Wait what May 16. That is not right. I was like Jen Holy Crap I booked my ticket for Friday May 16th. There is no way. We checked and rechecked. Jen decide to check her itinerary. Funny thing her flight was booked for May 16. This was not possible and the thought of calling Delta one more time made me sick. So once again we called.

I was happy to hear that I could half way understand the lady on the other line. I explained my situation and told her I need to change my flight. It should have been for May 15th. She had to double check the new price and see if it was the same. Lucky for me it was the same and there won’t be a charge for changing my flight. Happy Day. Then she reads my total and I was confused because it was $20 more. I asked what the $20 was for and she told me it was for booking the flight over the phone. I realize the internet is the way to go these days but come on. I agreed to pay the price and continued on. I asked the lady if I could book another flight. It would be the same day and time just for my sister Emily. The lady was like so you want to book another flight. I said yes and then she was like Ok let me check the fare. I was confused again and asked why it wouldn’t be the same. She said when you book two flights at once the price goes up. Let me see what the fare would be. After being on hold for what seem like 10 minutes. Jen and I were totally laughing I couldn’t believe this was happening. The nice lady gets back and tells me the new fare price. I was like Holy Cow Hum wow that went up, Ma’am would you like me to book these tickets. In my head I was thinking I could just book my ticket and then book Emily’s online. Then I thought do I want to go through this again. No and Hell No. So I told the lady to go ahead and book the flights. She had to enter in all the info again. I give her my credit card number and she tells me there is something wrong with my card. I had to do some fast math and figured out I had exceeded my limit. Good thing Jen was there and help me out. The lady was so nice. I started to laugh when I told her that my cousin was here and did the same thing I did and we need to change her flight. She told me that I wouldn’t be able to change it for her and that she needed to call. I passed the phone over to Jen to change her flight.

My favorite was when Jen was told she would be charge an extra $75. The look on Jen’s face made me laugh once again. The next thing I hear is Jen saying it is 12:05 am there is no way I am paying this fee we have been on the phone with you this entire time. Because it was now midnight and technically the next day there was a charge. We were dying. This really doesn't have to be this hard. Holy Cow. I do this all the time for work. We finally got everything taken care of. I hope everything from here on out will be ok. I just can’t wait to tell my sister she has to pay an extra $20.00. That will be fun :)
1 comment:
I love reliving this Lisa-it seriously makes me laugh and feel frustrated at the same time :o)
Post a Comment