Emily and I just chilling waiting for our food.
Emily, Steff and her roommate Marianne.
The night started off with music from Josh Gracin, Collin Raye and then Joe Nichols. All of them did a really good job and kept the crowd going. (I just realized I never took a picture of Collin Raye I must have been enjoying the concert to much.)
This was my first time seeing Joe Nichols in concert and he was awesome and really cute. The night ended with a count down to Utah Valley University and some fireworks.
On a side note I read somewhere that no one really knows the UVSC fight song unless you were a Student Government nerd. I have to say I agree that people don't really know the song but I was in St. govt and I wasn't a nerd :) Hello that is just rude. I also heard they are going to keep the same song and just change a few words for the new name. So now everyone will still have to chance to learn the fight song. So in good fashion I am out singing the good ole UVSC flight song in my head.
Stand up and cheer, UVSC
Year after year You will be
Strong in battle'Til the game is done
' Til the victory You have won, won, won
Stand up and sing Green and gold
Our song will ring Loud and bold
Follow your colors
And soon you will be
Victorious Wolverines of UVSC
U-V-S-C /U-V-S-C
4 comments:
That's got to be the best blog post ever! I was just telling Mike the other day how sad I was that I couldn't be there. Also, I wasn't a nerd, and if I was, at least I had the full scholarship to pay for it! I know the song, I sing it with pride, and I LOVE being a Wolverine!
I didn't graduate from UVSC, but I can proudly say I attended the school when it was Utah Valley Technical College! It has been a long time ago. I returned in 2004 and took several classes. I love UVSC now UVU, and wish I was close enough I could have graduated from there. You go UVU! Love your blog. . . KJ
I am going to have the hardest time calling it UVU. I hate when they switched things up on me and I get more confused than I already am :) I love checking out your blog and seeing how busy you are. You need to make a trip to AZ. We would love to have you.
You are always doing something fun! Man I am jealous! I can't ever wait to check your blog to see what you are up too!
Post a Comment