Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Star Valley Wyoming

Warning Lots of Pictures :)

A couple weeks ago my family went to Star Valley. I look forward to this vacation each summer. This year we decided to drive through Logan, plus we were craving a Bear Lake Raspberry shake. We started our adventure Thursday August 7th. We didn't anticipate construction so it took a little longer then I had hoped. Plus I was a little smashed in the back of the car with very little leg room. My parents and older sister Jamie were coming up later so we met my cousin Jen and my aunt Gayle at the Cabin Creek Inn. We have stayed here since they opened. Each cabin is named something different. This year we were in the Hideout. It was really cute. They also have french toast and waffles everyone morning and they are fabulous.

We decided to eat dinner at a pizza place in Thayne but because it was the Lincoln County Fair they closed early. Gotta love the small towns. So we ended up eating at the Goofy Bear. It was new place at the Cedar Creek golf course. The french dip sandwich was so dang good.



The next day we had golf tee off times in the afternoon. We got up went running and then hit the pool. After a few hours at the pool we had lunch and then went golfing. Of course right before lunch we got hit with a rainstorm.





The weather cleared up so we head to the golf course. Every year there is always a struggle when paying and getting our golf carts. It actually is pretty comical. The guy likes to make a big deal out of things. You really have to do things one at time or you will confuse the man.





After the first couple holes the rain clouds came rolling in and we raced to get back to the club house. On our way back Jen lost her golf clubs. Jamie and I were laughing so hard. Steff and Em picked them up and Jen drove back to get them.






We were wet and decided to call it a day. Luckily we got a rainchecks.



For dinner we had a BBQ and then Smore's. Steff's smore's kit is awesome.





Saturday we drove into Jackson Hole for a little shopping and then we had a picnic in the park.







Later the afternoon we decided to try our luck on the golf course.



Things were going well, we were on whole 7 and then the rain came and boy did it come.







We figured we could wait it out. HUM we were wrong.






Then the wind picked up and the hail started so we were out. This is us waiting in the parking lot for Steff and Em so we could get in the car. The rain was coming down so hard. We were soaking wet once again.








After we all dried off and warmed up we went back to the Goofy Bear for dinner. Once again I had the french dip. Seriously it was so good.



Sunday we went to church and then my Mom and Dad and Jamie went home to do wedding stuff. The rest of us stayed until Monday.







Even though it rain every afternoon like clockwork we had a great time. I can't wait for next year.

8 comments:

Jenna said...

Yay! I'm so glad you posted these - I had such a fun time hanging out with you guys. Cannot wait until next year!

Shannon said...

There you go showing off those legs again! ;) Looks like a fun time (if you like golf). haha

Jessica said...

Once again you Pope girls are out having too much fun!! I love it! I love that last picture of your whole family. You all look great! Sorry about the rain during your golfing. That's a bummer. Keep posting!

Jen said...

Fun! I remember as kids hearing you girls talk about going to Star Valley, and I always thought it sounded like a cool place (with a name like that!!) Looks like a really fun place!

Briana said...

I love Star Valley Wyoming!! We looked at moving there one time. I know it gets cold in the winter, but oh so pretty! What a fun vacation!! You need to come teach me how to golf, I am horrible at it!

Steffy said...

love the video. jen dropping her clubs still cracks me up. My favorite was cheering for the olympic swim tean on sunday night. Great times.

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

Hey Lisa! I remember you guys going to Star Valley even back when we were all Little and thinking wow it must be an awesome place, since it's named after Stars!!! and it looks like it totally is!! looks like you all had a blast! fun!
ps will you tell Jamie to please send me an invite?? =)

Leah said...

Hi Lisa! I found your blog through Shannon. You are always having so much fun with your family! I was wondering if you would be interested in adopting me? :)