Once we flew in to Seattle we were waiting for our bags and of course the baggage claim got jammed, so we had to wait about 45 minutes for the airport to un jam the darn thing. Once we got to the convention center, we started to set up for the show and realized that one of the boxes of stamps was not completely full of regional stamp sets, which means there was a HUGE possibility we were going to be short. Fast forward 24 hours to Saturday's show we were short. Good thing the attendees were understanding. Back to Friday after lunch. One of our co workers/presenter got really sick and we had to call the EMT's. They checked a few things and decided she need to go to the hospital and an ambulance was called. She was later released that night and flew home the next day. Good thing Shelli's daughter came to visit because she was able to help us with some of the presentations.
Clean up took longer then usually and everyone was extremely tired from the show and all the craziness leading up to it. It was such a bitter sweet show. We were thankful we had jobs but we were still really shocked with those who were laid off.
All in all Seattle was a fun place. I had never been before and was excited to be there. My sister Jamie came to visit. It was so good to see her. She has been to Seattle a couple times and was able to give me the tour. 
Me and Jamie
Saturday night Carrie and I went back down to Pikes Place for dinner.
3 comments:
I'm still so sad for your friends that got laid off... but how fun to get to see Jamie while you were there.
Oh my, you do have an exciting life. Of course looking on the outside, it looks like just fun.
Darn the economy, nobody likes layoffs.
Seattle was so much fun. I'm glad I got to meet you up there. I can't wait to go back!!
Post a Comment