Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fall Regionals

Wow, I'm so way way behind on my blogging. I’ve decided I’m just going to have to do one BIG post on all the regionals we did this fall. It’s kind of sad but hopefully I can give all the cities justice.

Our first stop of the Fall Regional train was Ft. Worth Texas- It was hot, hot, hot, and humid. There was a tropical storm somewhere and this what I get for blogging so latebecause I can't remember the name but oh well we were feeling the effects of it, so back to the humid land of Ft. Worth. The lovely town also had Molly the Trolley to get us to and from which was fun. We ate at some awesome places. A Tex Mex place and a Barbecue place called Riscky’s. Amazing is all I have to say. The last night we went with some demos to the Stockyards. We shopped and ate at another amazing place called Coopers Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que. Check out that meat. It was so good and the berry cobbler was to die for. If there was a way to bring that home to my dad I would have. He would have died it was that good.

All of us enjoying our dinner.







I think it was the best brisket I've had.



Second stop of the Fall Regional train was Hamilton, Ontario, Canada- Woot Woot
I was little nervous getting into Canada this time. Last time I had a little trouble, got sent to the immigration office, their might or might not have been talk about getting deported so I was a wee bit nervous this time around. Lucky for me everything went ok. It was long fight, we flew into Toronto and then had to drive to Hamilton which was about an hour away. We were starved when we finally got to our hotel. Funny thing the only restaurant opened at that hour was the Honest Lawyer. Yep that is where we went. At times I think we were forgotten about and we wondered where our food was but all in all we finally got something to eat and got to bed.

Eating lunch before setting up for the show.

After the show we went to Niagara Falls! I was totally excited to see this again. I had been once before but that was right out of high school and we all know that was a while ago. Niagara Fall always amazes me, I love the gushing water. It really is a site to see.


Oh and this was also my first time eating Poutine. Some of you might be asking what that is Well, Poutine is a dish consisting of French fries topped with fresh cheese curds, covered with brown gravy. It was actually really good. Y’all should try it.



Third Stop on the Fall Regional Train was Baltimore, Maryland- This was the first time or at least in a long time that we had been to Baltimore. The flight was long but I was upgraded to first class. Yahoo!! This was my first time in first class. Wow, is all I can say. I see why everyone loves it. It was awesome! One funny thing that happen on this show was our transportation company dropped us off at the wrong hotel. Who knew there were two Sheraton's within four blocks. So we walked to our real hotel and then it started to rain and I think it was a little longer than four blocks. Once we got there we hurried to the convention center to set up. We only had an hour to set up so we hurried as fast as we could and finished up in the morning.

That night Shannon and I went to the Harbor to find something to eat and got totally wet. The rain was coming down in sheets. It was hilarious. Our Waiter actually looked at us and said “ Are you guys wet” maybe just a little. We had some awesome seafood. Oh so good. Nothing like having the fresh stuff.





Back at the hotel trying to dry off.


Also while we were there we went on our own Food Network Tour. We ate at Broadway Diner which was featured on Diners, Drive-ins, Dives on the food network. What a fun place to eat. We loved it. Robin, Carrie, Me, Jason, Bonnie and Donna




Our next stop was to Charm City Cakes. If you watch the food network and love cakes you will know about the show called Ace of Cakes. It’s not open to the public but that didn’t stop us from looking in the windows. We were dying, it was so fun to see everyone at work. I have only seen a few episodes but the people I was with were spading off names of everyone they knew. It was so fun!



Bonnie, Carrie, Robin, Me and Jason.



Having dinner at the Inner Harbor and this was our view.








Last but not least Portland, OR-
What a goregous day




Enjoying the best Pumpkin shake EVER!!!!

Shanny and I set up for the regionalIt’s always bitter sweet to finish the fall season, but this one especially was sad. Darlene is retiring at the end of the year so this was her very last regional. She has been my little buddy on all the regionals. She keeps us well stocked with chocolate and diet coke and any other thing we need on the road. She is our “Road Mamma” I’m totally going to miss her.


The gang!

After the show I met up with my sister Jamie and brother in law (BIL) Jeff. We went to a Thai restaurant, which was so good. Jeff sure knows his restaurants. Then we went to these food carts. Apparently they are everywhere. It was so interesting, but fun. We went to the dessert carts. Jamie got a crepe and Jeff and I had the pies. We both got the pumpkin cream pie. Oh my my. So good. Shannon got the Chocolate Coconut cream which was so dang good.


Jeff and Jamie




I was glad I was able to spend a extra day with my sister and Jeff and get the tour of Portland.


So there you have it our Fall Regional I had such a fun time this fall. I can't wait for our next set.


* And this post pretty much took my entire life tonight!!

5 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

I think you have way too much fun at your job. Not sure they should be paying you for all this, but I won't tell. :)

PDXTingeys said...

I'm so jealous you get to travel so much, it looks like tons of fun. I'm also glad you got to come to Portland this year. It sure was fun to see you!

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

LISA! I swear you have the most exciting life EVER. I Love Charm City Cakes! That was SO cool you got to see it! Did you spy Duff? You get to go to the coolest places, what an awesome job!!

Shannon said...

Excellent recap!!! It was a very very fun Autumn....thanks for taking all night to post this! :)

Jessica said...

I love all of the traveling that you do! It is so exciting and fun! Just like Meg, I LOVE Charm City Cakes and Duff! You are always having such fun adventures! Oh and you are such a pretty girl Lisa. Just thought I'd mention that! :D