Monday, October 27, 2008

San Antonio, TX

Last weekend I was in San Antonio for work. I have always heard how fun it was there so I was really excited to go. Once we got there we went to lunch at a place called Rosarro's. It was a Tex Mex place and it was so good. The chips and salsa were amazing. After lunch we walked over to the convention center to start setting up. Once we were done setting up we walked over to the Riverwalk. It was really fun. It is a man made river with shops and restaurants on each side of the river.

Thursday night we ate at a place called Saltgrass. It was really good. They had the best sweet potato. Good thing we skipped dessert we were stuffed.

Friday was a show day. It went really well. The people in San Antonio were so nice. Friday night we went back to the Riverwalk and ate at The County Line. It was a BBQ place. We ate on the Riverwalk path way. It was awesome. It was really fun to watch everyone. Once again the food did not disappoint.


Everyone enjoying dessert. Me, Jaron, Carrie, Darlene and Shelli.


Jaron, me and Carrie on the Riverwalk. Later we took a ride on one of the river boats.

Our boat tour guide was pretty funny. He had some interesting facts to tell us about San Antonio. It was fun.

He told us that Miss Congeniality was filmed here. It was during the swim suit pageant part. Once I got home I had to pop in my DVD and check it out. It was awesome to see it.

After the boat ride we walked over to the Alamo.
I tried taking so many pictures. For some reason when I would take a picture either the Alamo showed up or I did. We tried all of my setting and this is the best picture I could get.





After Saturdays show we cleaned up and went back to Rosarro's for dinner. It seriously was so good we had to go back. I am still craving the salsa. The Riverwalk was having a Halloween parade. Some of the riverboats were decorated and people were dressed up throwing candy.


Here are some other fun pictures from the weekend.


13 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!!! Did you know I live here?!?!?!? What a bummer, would have loved to see you. : (

Barlow Fam said...

Oh, looks like our city treated you right though! : ) Glad you had fun!

Jessica said...

Looks like another fun trip! You are a traveling girl. You are lucky that you get to see so many places. I'm glad that you always share your pictures. I love to see what you are up to.

Cheryl said...

What an historic & colorful place to be for a few days. The Mexican restaurant sounds especially good right now.

Cefalo Family said...

I love San Antonio! Glad you had such a fun time!

Jen said...

Wow. You go to some fun places for work! How cool!

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

Hey you are always somewhere exciting!! I love all your pics - especially the restaraunt ones. =) YUM! always makes me hungry!

Jenna said...

The Alamo would have been so cool to see! Was Billy Bob Thornton there?

Kelli said...

Wow, you get to go to so many great places for your job! That is awesome!

Shannon said...

love the recap! wish i would've been there w/yall! my fave pic is the one of the tall people book-ending the short ppl. hahaha

Kara said...

Cute blog! Glad I finally found it! It's fun to keep in touch this way- it was great to see the whole Pope family at Jamie's wedding!!

Karie said...

Like I have said before you are having too much fun in life! I love San Antonio. It is one of my favorite places to visit. The Alamo is beautiful and the pictures you too at night are awesome. Thanks for sharing all your fun experiences with me. Love ya lots, Karie

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

HEY LISA!!
I am taking my blog PRIVATE and so could you please e-mail me at megs979@hotmail.com so I can add you to my list???? THANKS!! =)