Monday, April 20, 2009

What an Awful Day!!

Wow last week was insane. We had convention registration, layoffs and a regional planned for Seattle. Yes I said Layoffs. Stampin’ Up! told us about a month ago that we were going to have layoffs sometime in middle of April. Well they happened on Wednesday April 15th. I had to be to work by 7:00 am for convention registration and I knew it was going to be a long day full of nervousness and tears.

They started about 9:00 am but didn’t get to our department until after 11:00am. It was one of the worst days of my life. Every few minutes I would hear of friends who were laid off. Some of them were ones who were traveling the Seattle the next day. It was so hard to give them a hug and say goodbye. Once our department started it was awful not knowing and waiting for your manager to come and get you. I was trying to stay busy and get everything ready for Seattle just in case I was laid off.

I am thankful I still have a job, but still feel so sad for those who are gone, they will be missed. I know it was a tough day on everyone. Here are a few of my friends and travel buddies that were laid off. Thanks for the friendship, you guys mean more to me then you will ever know.
Me, Jaron, Linda and Lori.


7 comments:

Jen said...

Oh that's awful! I hate hearing about people getting laid off.

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

That is so crappy! I am sorry!! But it looks you still kept the job?? Man, talk about bittersweet! Dang this recession!!!!!!!!

Jessica said...

Wow, what a tough day! Glad that you still have a job though.

Shannon said...

Those pictures are a little difficult to look at. :( Maybe you are the bad luck charm!! (j/k you know i don't mean that).

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Hugs

Jaron Winder said...

Seriously who is that hot little fella???? Mama Mia! Gag. kidding. Pope, you know that we will be friends for the rest of our lives. Especially since I said I would find you a good man to marry!!! Seriously though, you light up my life, you give me hope, to carry on..... you know the song. Let's hit the Wendy's dollar menu soon (it is all I can afford now days) Love ya pope!

Barlow Fam said...

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to comment, I guess I thought I already had. My heart went out to you when I read your post. Working for World/Wachovia/Wells Fargo we totally know how you feel. Though we are blessed and happy to still have our job, we feel for those that lost theirs. Good luck, may there be sunnier days ahead!