A week after convention we went to Phoenix for a site visit. Phoenix is the destination for our Leadership Conference in January. All I have to say is Phoenix was HOT HOT HOT!
Once we landed and grabbed our bags we were waiting for our transportation and we were told that President Obama was at the airport and traffic was not moving in or out of the airport. ( He was attending the Veterans of Foreign Wars conference and spoke earlier that morning.) So we waited for about a half hour for him and his family to board Air Force One and fly away. Which we totally saw Air Force One when we landed and were taxing to our gate. I tried to get my camera out but apparently I was too slow. Plus I thought my co worker was just teasing me until I saw it with my own eyes. It's a big plane.

Cindy, Jana and I at the airport just chillin'
One of the places we ate lunch at was TGI Friday's that over looks the Arizona Diamonbacks field. It was really cool to see the field and how awesome it is that you can eat your lunch or dinner and watch a baseball game. Too bad the diamondbacks had an away game. We actually really teased my co worker Cindy when she said she wanted to eat at TGI Friday's, we all laugh and said Cindy you can eat there at home why don't we try something new. Well that all changed once we saw the field; and then we had to apologized to Cindy :)

The awesome field

Me, Jason and Cindy

The Girls

We tried to set my camera on a chair and set the timer but it actually focused on the railing instead of us. Oh well.
Phoenix was so hot. I seriously thought my flip flops were melting on the side walk. It was crazy. I can't wait to go back to in January but I think I'll pass on going back in August.
2 comments:
You were here and didn't call us????? I am very upset!! It is too dang hot here. It is miserable!! I don't know why anyone would live here. :) I need two homes. One in Phx for the winter and one in Utah for the summer.
It is super hot here in AZ! I am loving my 81* weather this morning. Maybe we will start to cool off for our wonderful winter weather. I wish that I could have seen you while you were around. Take care!
Post a Comment