Thursday, September 3, 2009

Convention 2009

Convention is one of my favorite events of the year. This year convention was in August. It was a crazy summer getting ready for it, but it's always worth the hard work.



As you can see Don was excited to start convention. Bring it on!!



Cindy and I at the info booth/ specials services. Pretty much my home on the first day of convention. I help those who forgot/didn't get their name tags or need a new one made.


The Second night of convention we have our Awards Night. It is always fun to see who the top 100 demos are and who will be on the next advisory board. This year I was helping my friend Angie and had to walk on stage a few times to replace the roses that were given out. I was so afraid I was going to trip going up the ramp or even drop the basket of roses.


Me and my friend Angie
Our entertainers this year were Tonic Sol fa. They are so fun and very entertaining to watch.


Here are more of my friends who make convention so much fun, thanks for the laughs and the good times
Angie, Me and Shannon after the awards night.


Karah and Cindy


More of the group, Cindy, Angie, Jana, Carol, me and Karah.



Me and Jason

The next couple of days were packed with general session and classes. I was usually running around checking on things and didn't get a chance to see any of my friends presentations, but I heard you guys did a great job :)



Here are some fun things that went on during the week of convention.


Don and the girls


We may or may not have taken Don's bike for a spin and almost got caught. It's harder to ride then you think.






I also took Andra's scooter for a spin. Andra was pregnant and due a week after convention so Don rented her a scooter to get around. Well she had her baby during convention and that left her scooter unattended so I took it for a spin.





Here's main stage during general session.




Angie, Jason and Cindy, are pretty excited they just ate their last convention meal.

Me and Sheryl.


Sheryl was a helper at the St. Louis Regional in 2006. It's so fun to see her a couple times a year at our events.


Hitching a ride with Darlene. Funny how the room gets cleaned up so fast. It's kind of a bitter sweet thing. It takes days to set up and it's down in just a few hours. This year we handed out meal stones to the staff to hand in when they went to eat. This was hilarious and a pain in the butt. I had to hand out the meals stones/pebbles to everyone before they could eat. I had to get a picture of the craziness so I wouldn't forget, not that I would especially with all the nicknames/comments that were given to me that week . Nickname for the week was Pebbles :)

Me and Shannon enjoying some food and a diet coke after convention.

Convention was a blast. I can't wait for next year :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For some reason Don looks like Vigo from Ghostbusters 2 in that photo.

Shannon said...

Yay finally! I was wondering if you weren't going to bother with this post. I laughed at that pic w/Don. You looked hot at awards night, walking up and down the ramp w/those legs of yours! :) It would've been good entertainment for you to take a spill though. Someday we should orchestrate something like that.