Saturday, May 22, 2010

RACE for the CURE!

A couple weekends ago I ran in Race for the Cure. Each year more and more people attend, which is such a great thing and each year our running group gets bigger and bigger as well. We even got pink shirts and stripped soccer/roller derby socks. I seriously love the socks.


My cousin Zack helped all of us get our bandanas on correctly so we had the knot on the right side. Something about “doing it Tupac style” I was totally down with that. I even painted my finger nails hot pink.


Zack and Steff


Jess and Deb getting ready.



Steff and I Doing it Tupac style Yo! Yo!


He also felt it was necessary to lead us in some stretches but once he got to the bottom there might have been a little bit of a struggle standing back up. Go ZACK!!



Jen and I ready to run.


The shot gun started the race but in typically fashion because of all the people you still just stand there and clap. Eventually the crowd thins out and it is a sea of people ahead and behind you. I feel like I say this every year but what an experience it is to run with survivors and those who are still fighting. Once again I was proud to wear I race in celebration of Grandma Mills on my back.




Taking it easy. Still loving the socks!



The group after the race! We made it :)


We had such a fun time this year. I can't wait for next year.

1 comment:

Steffy said...

ahhh, good times. Love the run.