Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hawaii Part 5 (The Lost Post)

I am a huge fan of the show lost and they film most of the show in Honolulu. Jennifer our wonderful tour guide knew many of these spots. I was in Heaven. This is the beach where the plane crashes from the first episode of lost.



Seriously I Love Hawaii. The Ocean is so beautiful :)



This gas station was used in an episode with Sawyer.


These next pictures are where the Others live. It is a YMCA camp. It was so cool to see. It was really fun to see it in the episode from the other night.
The next couple pictures are props from the plane. Jennifer said they just covered the plane with the black tarp. I looked up a picture from the Internet and it had a clear cover so you could see Oceanic on the side. Looks like we were just a couple weeks to late.







Even Jaron who doesn't watch the show got excited to see all the lost sites. We also saw the Dillingham Airfield where Eko and his brother were getting in a plane.
Later I found out they used the Hawaii Convention Center Lobby as the Sydney Airport. It was so cool to see how they made it look just like an aiport. They have even filmed behind the convention center, it was awesome to read all the places they film. I was really hoping I would run into them filming somewhere. My eyes were peeled at all times for Matthew Fox or Josh Holloway. I did have one sighting, I saw Richard!!! We were both at the hotel gym working out. He hopped on the cardio machine two down from me. I was dying. It was pretty awesome.

1 comment:

VA's said...

Lisa. I love Hawaii! Cam and I along with Natalie and Brint went to Oahu in August. It was so fun. We stayed at the Turtle Bay resort and loved every second of it. I as well kept all eyes out for any Lost folk walking around but didn't spot any. Cameron almost went to the Lost tryouts that were going on at the time for those french speakers that were in the first few episodes this season. But I talked him into laying out by the pool with me since it was our last day there. Where in the world do you work where you go to Hawaii???? Anyway, email me your e-mail address so I can invite you. jaclynva@gmail.com